While ISP’s (internet service provider) can run your internal network, we highly encourage the use of your own firewall to control and protect your network. You will need to purchase or use the ISP modem, but we recommend placing a firewall between your network and the ISP connection.
We recommend a Linux Based firewall that is customized to each client. This will provide protection from outside hackers, assist in filtering unwanted internet communications, and assist in securing your internal networks for proper segmentation.
Here is a more details list of the technical elements we believe should be deployed on all internal firewalls:
- Funnel your network traffic to the internet providing basic NAT translation
- Filters and blocks all external traffic that isn’t part of existing communications
- Properly control and segment your network for security and compliance standards
- Allow VPN Tunneling into your network
- Provide logging on internet traffic
- (optional) Allow for Deny All Rules for your secure network
- (optional) Provide traffic analysis and blocking
Back to Business Security